Nevada Las Vegas Mission - Provo MTC, Elko, Las Vegas

While Elder Cronin is busy serving the Lord, and the people of the Nevada Las Vegas Mission, we will be busy keeping you all up to date on his adventures. Please visit often, we appreciate your support!!!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 16, 2012 Flavor of the Week

Family,

As we all know July 11 th, or 7/11, is free Slurpiee day at 7-11. And Slurpiees come in many different _________. Flavors, right!? Well that day was made complete as we walked into the 7-11 and saw Flava-Flav getting free Slurpiees for him and his son!!!!!!!!!!! We grabbed ours quick and went outside to meet him. We shook his hand and he drove off saying, "God Bless you brothas!!"

It was funny because as we were filling up our cups I looked at him and my first thought was,"That's Flava-Flav!" The only thing he was missing was the big clock around his neck. But he did have a huge watch on and a giant key ring with 50+ keys on it. He wasn't dressed up too nice or anything, just normal. In fact, with his do-rag on and demeanor I immediately thought he belonged on Fremont St. But as he left we asked the cashier who he was and she, very nonchalantly stated "Oh that's Flava-Flav and he lives right around the corner." 

I am continuing to find more reasons to love reading the scriptures! I am still studying Alma, trying to pick his brain and read his thoughts. He was a such an amazing missionary. He was focused on the true conversion of others and was always serving. We had FHE over at the Royals house last night with a recent convert. Elder Jacobs and I prepared the lesson and they provided the snacks. Elder Jacobs actually came up with the lesson and it was wonderful! He suggested we all write a Thank-You note to someone in the Book of Mormon who impacted their lives for good. I felt such a peaceful feeling as I wrote to Alma and thanked him for his example as a missionary. You aught to try this!!

Sunday night we held our monthly Why I Believe Fireside. At this fireside we invite recent converts to share their conversion stories focusing on how they came to know the Book of Mormon is true and that what the missionaries taught them is true as well. Sunday night was the most powerful of these Firesides I have been to. 3 converts spoke. Each bore testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. They each shared their unique experiences of praying and receiving confirmation from the Holy Ghost that it is all true. The Spirit of God was so thick in that chapel, you'd have to be dead not to feel it. As I sat there listening to them address us I could not help but to remember the MTC. The Spirit at the fireside reminded me of what I felt 24/7 there. I am so grateful for the experience of the MTC and all it taught me. 

It's all almost over, I cannot believe it. I never thought it would end, because I never wanted it to. It's effect in my life is eternal and so are the experiences. For that I am grateful.

Sooner than later,
Love,
EC

No comments:

Post a Comment