Nevada Las Vegas Mission - Provo MTC, Elko, Las Vegas

While Elder Cronin is busy serving the Lord, and the people of the Nevada Las Vegas Mission, we will be busy keeping you all up to date on his adventures. Please visit often, we appreciate your support!!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 9, 2012 Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeeeeeeee

Family,

28 days!!!!! 

Before I left on my mission I learned a valuable lesson about time. As many of you know I left for Field Training for the Air Force a few months before I reported to the MTC. Ironically enough that encampment lasted 28 days. I followed the guidelines and checklists as I prepared for the training. One of the guidelines stated we were not to bring a watch. Watches were only to be used by those in leadership positions who are required to keep time hacks and those watches would be assigned upon their leadership assignment. 

I spent 24 of 28 days without a leadership position and consequently without a watch. Time flew by!!! I couldn't keep track of it. Day 25 I was given a leadership position and a watch. That was the longest day of my life!!!!! Pardon the pun, but "Watched" time creeps along slowly!!!!

Having learned this lesson I am doing my best to apply it to these last 28 days. Now more than ever do I pray and hope time creeps by! 

Yet at the same time I am anxious to get home! But between now and then I will savour every moment.

With 5 weeks left I knelt and prayed asking God in my personal prayer to lead us to a family who would accept our message. Thursday night He answered this prayer. We went on splits with some ward members to an apartment complex. As we walked around the complex visiting some of our potential investigators we came across a lady pushing her 8 mo. old baby in a stroller. She invited us to come in. Her husband welcomed us in and we left a blessing on their home through a prayer. Afterwards the husband opened up to us and thanked us for the peace he felt from the blessing. They invited us back Saturday at which time we invited them to be baptized. They said yes!!!! 

I am so grateful that we can pray, that there is still a link between us and heaven. I am grateful that we can say what is on our mind in our prayers. We all have different needs at different times. God wants us to be humble enough to ask Him and then, according to His will, He will answer us. 

So please keep me in your prayers. You are in mine! I love you all so very much and will see you very soon!

Love,
EC

No comments:

Post a Comment